The NSD Society has following composition:
- The Chairman – to be appointed by the President of India.
- Financial Advisor – to be appointed by the Govt. of India.
- Two theatre experts, one to be nominated by the Executive Board of the Sangeet Natak Akademi and one by Society of the National School of Drama from amongst a panel of names drawn up by Academic Council of NSD.
- One representative of the Ministry of Culture to be nominated by the Govt. of India.
- One representative of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Director of Film and T.V. Institute.
- Four members nominated by Central Government:
- a.One Dramatist to be nominated in consultation with the Chairman, Sahitya Akademi and Director, NSD.
- b.One expert from TV Industry/ Electronic Media to be nominated in consultation with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- c.Two eminent persons in the field of culture to be nominated in consultation with the Chairperson of the Society and the Director of the School.
- One representative of the teaching Staff of NSD.
- One member from amongst the ex-graduate of the School to be co-opted by the Society members.
- Vice-Chairman shall be elected by the Society from amongst it’s members.
- Director, National School of Drama will be ex-officio Member-Secretary of the Society.
Dr. Arjun Deo Charan, Vice Chairman (Acting Chairman)
Shri Dharmendra Singh Gangwar, Financial Adviser and Additional Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
Ms. Nirupama Kotru, Member, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture,Government of India
Shri Ashok Kumar R. Parmar , Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
Shri Bhupendra Kainthola, Member, Director, Film & Television Institute of India
Shri Rudraprasad Sengupta, Member
Dr. Kamlesh Dutt Tripathi, Member
Shri Bimal Kumar Lath, Member
Ms. Uttara Baokar, Member
Prof. Shafaat Khan, Member
Shri Abdul Latif Khatana, Associate Professor, NSD,& Staff Representative NSD Society
Shri Suresh Sharma, Member Secretary & Director In-charge