The NSD Society has following composition:
- The Chairman – to be appointed by the President of India.
- Financial Advisor – to be appointed by the Govt. of India.
- Two theatre experts, one to be nominated by the Executive Board of the Sangeet Natak Akademi and one by Society of the National School of Drama from amongst a panel of names drawn up by Academic Council of NSD.
- One representative of the Ministry of Culture to be nominated by the Govt. of India.
- One representative of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Director of Film and T.V. Institute.
- Four members nominated by Central Government:
- a.One Dramatist to be nominated in consultation with the Chairman, Sahitya Akademi and Director, NSD.
- b.One expert from TV Industry/ Electronic Media to be nominated in consultation with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- c.Two eminent persons in the field of culture to be nominated in consultation with the Chairperson of the Society and the Director of the School.
- One representative of the teaching Staff of NSD.
- One member from amongst the ex-graduate of the School to be co-opted by the Society members.
- Vice-Chairman shall be elected by the Society from amongst it’s members.
- Director, National School of Drama will be ex-officio Member-Secretary of the Society.
1. Dr. Arjun Deo Charan, Vice-Chairman (Acting Chairman)
2. Shri R.K. Chaturvedi, Special Secretary & Financial Adviser, Government of India, Ministry of Culture
3. Shri Rudraprasad Sengupta, Member
4. Prof. Shafaat Khan, Member
5. Ms. Nirupama Kotru, Member, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India
6. Shri Ashok Kumar R. Parmar, Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
7. Shri Bhupendra Kainthola, Member, Director, Film & Television Institute of India
8. Shri P.K. Subhash, Member
9. Shri Govind Namdev, Member
10. Shri Manoj Joshi, Member
11. Shri Abdul Latif Khatana, Associate Professor & Staff Representative
12. Ms. B. Jayashree, Member
13. Shri Suresh Sharma, Member Secretary & Director In-charge